- Private units will be entitled to one journey FREE CARRIAGE according to the distance travelled on FXE lines during their last loaded movement, with the units being required to be returned within one year.
- All private units that change their assignment must be documented according to the current processes in effect for documenting units.
- Pool changes must be requested in writing of the Private Fleet department using the form provided.
- If the journey for an empty unit to the new charging center is greater than the last journey loaded, the difference will be charged EMPTY CARRIAGE CHARGES (9th Class).
Cars that have not produced and will not produce carriage revenue
- When at the request of the owner, private cars are sent that are not assigned to any user, for repair, maintenance or storage, their movement will be charged EMPTY CARRIAGE CHARGES (9th Class) both ways.
- When empty private units are sent to be loaded on Ferromex lines and these units are not used, the sender or the Railroad responsible will be charged the carriage.
- When units are off route, the sender or the Railroad responsible will be charged EMPTY CARRIAGE CHARGES (9th Class), the return will be on free carriage to the interchange point where the unit was received.
- Private units that are traveling on Ferromex lines for the first time will be charged the corresponding carriage from the receiving interchange on FXE lines until the unit or units are delivered at the destination requested (9th Class).
- When empty private units consigned to the other railroads in Mexico (KCSM, FSRR or TFVM) travel on Ferromex lines, they will be charged EMPTY CARRIAGE CHARGES (14th Class) from the receiving interchange to the interchange point where Ferromex delivers the units, or vice versa.
- When an empty unit has been moved WITHOUT CARRIAGE CHARGES from the interchange point to the charging center and if the owner and/or user requires another empty movement, the second movement will be charged EMPTY CARRIAGE CHARGES (9th Class).
Empty Private Units in Bad Order
- When the owner or Lessor is responsible for the repair of the unit, they will be charged EMPTY CARRIAGE CHARGES (9th Class).
- If in order to maintain their units in optimal conditions, the owner or Lessor requests the movement of any unit to a certain shop, the unit will be charged EMPTY CARRIAGE CHARGES (9th Class) from the origin to the destination shop and the return will be under the same conditions.
- If the Owner or Lessor of a unit that is en route with an empty waybill requires the unit to be taken to a shop located on the return route, they will as Industry Services for a CHANGE OF DESTINATION, with the corresponding charge, and once repaired, the unit will be documented as FREE CARRIAGE to its originally assigned journey.
Cars to be dismantled on completing their useful life
- Units documented to be sent for scrap or that are about to make their final journey on having come to the end of their useful life (rule 90 of the AAR Interchange Rules Shop Manual) will be charged EMPTY CARRIAGE CHARGES (9th Class).